Curried Hubbard Squash
- 4 cups Hubbard squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 to 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup fresh green beans, chopped
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, and other spices and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add 1 cup of coconut milk and squash to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer until squash is mostly softened, about 20-30 minutes.
- Mash squash mixture with a potato masher, add coconut milk if necessary.
- Add green beans and cauliflower and cook until tender.
- Serve garnished with chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes.