Coconut Chicken Curry with Vegetables
- 2-3 tablespoons thai red curry paste
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ½ cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or tamari sauce
- 1 medium onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 3 cups mixed vegetables: cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, green beans, etc
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ¾ cup fresh Thai basil leaves, chopped
- Lime wedges (for garnish)
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes more.
- Add chicken and brown, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk coconut milk with curry paste in a separate bowl.
- Add coconut and curry paste blend to the pot and stir; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Add remaining ingredients (except basil and lime juice).
- Cook at a simmer for about 15 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
- Add ½ cup basil leaves in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Serve warm and garnish with remaining chopped basil and lime wedges.