Pumpkin Seed & Cilantro Pesto
- 2 cups unsalted, hulled (green) pumpkin seeds
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup water or broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toss pumpkin seeds with 2 tablespoons of the oil, salt, and pepper then spread out in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Roast until seeds are fragrant, 10 to 15 minutes, then set aside to let cool.
- Combine seeds in a food processor with water, lemon juice, garlic, cilantro and remaining 4 tablespoons of oil.
- Pulse until mixture forms a coarse paste then season with additional salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill until ready to use.