Parmesan Broiled Whiting
- 2 pounds whiting fillets
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (or substitute nutritional yeast)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons home-made mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Place fillets in a single layer on a well-buttered baking sheet.
- Brush fillets with lemon juice.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Broil fish for 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and spread with cheese (or nutritional yeast) mixture.
- Broil 2 more minutes until lightly browned.