Chicken Thighs with Rosemary, Mushrooms & Olives
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion, quartered & sliced
- 5 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup dry white wine or poultry broth
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 black olives
- Spinach, for serving
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, and cook until soft. Remove to a plate.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter into skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, rosemary, and chicken thighs in hot oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, turning chicken, until chicken and garlic are well browned.
- Return mushrooms and onions to skillet, and sprinkle red pepper flakes over chicken. Pour in white wine or broth, scraping the bottom of the skillet with a spoon. Cook about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer gently for about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle tomatoes and olives over chicken, return cover, and cook about 5 minutes more.
- Serve on a bed of spinach.