Grain Free Sausage & Cheese Muffins
Makes 18-24 muffins
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil plus 2 tablespoons butter or oil for sautéing
- 1/2 cup water or broth
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb. pork or goat sausage
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Grease a muffin tin or put muffin cups into a muffin pan (18-24 cups based on how thick you pour the batter).
- Place 2 tablespoons butter or oil in pan and heat over medium heat.
- When butter is warm add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and garlic and sauté until cooked through.
- When cooked through, take off burner and let cool while you prepare the rest of the batter.
- Place remaining ingredients EXCEPT the cheese into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the sausage, onion, and garlic mixture and cheese and pulse a few times just to mix.
- Put into muffin cups.
- Place in the oven for 12-20 minutes; check every 3-5 minutes starting at the 12 minute mark until they look done and they spring back to the touch.
- Let cool completely before removing from muffin tin; if putting directly into muffin tin, use a knife to run along edges before removing.