Egg & Veggie Scramble
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 cups of chopped vegetables (such as greens like spinach, kale, or chard, broccoli, peppers, tomatoes, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, etc),
- 10 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- Optional spices: chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, thyme
- Optional toppings: cheese, avocado, green onion, parsley, cilantro
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl and beat together to scramble.
- Heat the oil in the skillet over medium add onions, and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes longer, or until fragrant.
- Add vegetables and sauté until wilted.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add the eggs to the skillet. Season with salt, pepper and spices and mix thoroughly.
- Stir mixture while egg cooks; continue until the eggs are set and no longer runny, approximately 10-15 minutes.