Cashew Cream with Fruit
- 1 cup raw, cashews (whole or pieces)
- 2 pitted dates, roughly chopped (you may substitute 1 tblsp honey/maple syrup or 5-10 drops liquid stevia)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup warm water
- Fruit of your choosing: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, etc (or any mix).
- Optional mint leaves, ground cinnamon, or ground ginger as desired
- Put cashews into a large bowl, cover with water and set aside at room temperature and let soak for 4-6 hours or overnight; drain well and rinse.
- Put soaked cashews, dates (or other sweetener), vanilla and 1/2 cup warm water into a food processor and purée until smooth; add more water as necessary. Consistency should be creamy. Place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes to cool.
- Place fruit into a bowl and add garnish with mint, cinnamon, or ground ginger if desired; toss fruit with garnish gently.
- Top fruit with 2 tablespoons cashew cream and serve immediately.