My undergraduate training was completed at the University of Central Florida where I graduated with honors earning two degrees: a Bachelors of Science in Molecular and Microbiology and a Bachelors of Arts in Psychology. During this time, I completed a conventional pre-medical curriculum. I also completed an associate’s degree in Medical Massage.
I then attended a 6-year medical program at The National College of Natural Medicine in Portland, OR, earning a Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine and a Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine. This included 3 years of clinical training working with licensed naturopathic doctors and acupuncturists as well as 240 additional hours of shadowing physicians. In addition to the conventional medical school curriculum, I studied clinical nutrition, botanical medicine (Chinese and Western herbs), homeopathy, physical medicine (hydrotherapy, manipulative therapy, physiotherapy), and acupuncture. To learn more about the services I provide, click here.
I obtained a Certificate in Natural Childbirth while at NCNM, which provides advanced training in naturopathic midwifery and obstetrics. Though I am not currently licensed as a naturopathic midwife, through my studies of natural childbirth, I have gained insights to help patients with fertility, pre-natal care (preparing for pregnancy, nutrition for pregnancy) and post-natal care (lactation support, post-partum depression, etc). Click here to learn more about my approach to women’s health, fertility, and pediatrics.
• Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine, National College of Natural Medicine, Portland, OR
• Master of Science in Oriental Medicine, National College of Natural Medicine, Portland, OR
• Natural Childbirth Certificate, National College of Natural Medicine, Portland, OR
• Bachelor of Science in Molecular and Microbiology, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
• Bachelor of Science in Psychology, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
• Associate of Science in Medical Massage, Florida College of Natural Health, Maitland, FL