Carrot Ginger Soup
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 pound carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish (optional): sunflower or pumpkin seeds, sour cream or plain yogurt, chopped parsley or cilantro, chopped chives or green onion
- Heat oil or butter in a pot.
- Sauté onions until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in broth, carrots, and lemon juice and heat to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook 25 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- In batches, carefully puree in a blender; or use an immersion blender.
- Garnish as desired.