I'm excited to start working with you!
WHAT TO EXPECT
My goal is to understand your entire story and get to the root of your symptoms. For that reason, we need to spend a little more time together. Your first visit for integrated naturopathic care along with acupuncture will take about 90 minutes. For a stand alone naturopathic or acupuncture visit, we will need about 60 minutes at the first visit. Your first visit will include the following:
- A thorough review of your current and past medical conditions as well as your health goals
- A review of your family medical history
- A review of the medications and supplements you are currently taking
- Pertinent physical exams
- Chinese diagnostics including tongue and pulse diagnosis
- A personalized treatment plan
- Review or order of necessary laboratory exams.
New Patient Paperwork:
New patient paperwork should be completed prior to your first visit. You may download the forms below, and bring them with you (or, even better, fax them to 503-954-2374 or drop them off at the office before your visit), or arrive at the clinic 30 minutes early to complete the paperwork. The forms may seem somewhat lengthy, but they will help me to get to the root of your health concerns. I can also mail you the forms at your request.
Choose from the following initial new patient paperwork:
- Pediatric Intake - Birth to 5 Years Old
- Pediatric Intake - 6 to 12 Years Old
- New Patient Intake - Adolescents & Adults
Please download and complete the following forms for all patients:
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Naturopathic Consent to Treat
- Chinese Medicine Consent to Treat
- Email Consent Form
If you know you have medical records from other practitioners that we will need, please complete the form below:
What Else Should I Bring to the visit?
- Your completed new patient packet. (Or, mail - with sufficient time, fax, or drop it off prior to your visit so that I have time to review your health history beforehand).
- Any pertinent medical records you have including recent lab or imaging reports. You can either bring these or have them sent.
- Download and complete the records request form above if needed.
- If you have questions about supplements you are taking, please bring them to your visit.
How many visits will I need?
It varies. Most people are served well by having 3 to 5 weekly acupuncture visits in the beginning to ensure the body is working at optimal function; thereafter, treatments can be spaced out to every 2 to 4 weeks. If you decide you do not want acupuncture, visits will be spaced out from every 3 to 6 weeks in the beginning and further out as you feel better. Based on the severity and longevity of symptoms, the required quantity of treatments will vary. The longer you have not felt well, the more treatments you will need (generally).
If you need to change or cancel your appointment, please give us at least 48 hours notice. Appointments that are either missed or cancelled with less than 48 hours notice (excluding emergencies) will be charged a $60 fee.
I am happy to answer questions regarding your current treatment plan over the phone or through your personalized patient portal (coming soon). Questions requiring more than 10 minutes or not related to your current treatment plan will be charged at the regular hourly rate.