Baked Root Fries
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 2 medium parsnips
- (Can substitute beets, celery root, or turnips for any of the above.)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon OR
- Garlic powder, thyme, and oregano OR
- Cinnamon, clove (a dash), and nutmeg (a dash)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and scrub potatoes and root vegetables well.
- Slice potatoes and root vegetables into wedges or thin fries.
- Place in a bowl and add coconut oil, salt, and spices.
- Toss to coat vegetables.
- Massage with virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until browned and slightly crispy.